Flu or COVID?
Get a COVID and Flu Test Today to Find Out!
Coughing? Sneezing? Sore throat? High temperature?
If you have any of these symptoms you could have the flu—or you could have COVID-19. The only way to find out for sure is to get tested.
One Single Test for Both Flu and COVID
Valley Medical and Wellness offers comprehensive influenza and COVID testing with a single nasal swab. Our combined RT-PCR flu/COVID test will tell you if you have influenza or any COVID-19 variant—or neither. Results are highly accurate and available to you the same day.
Effective Treatment for Positive Patients
If you test positive for the flu or COVID-19, we can schedule a convenient telemedicine visit to prescribe treatment. We prescribe Tamiflu for influenza patients and Paxlovid for COVID-19 patients.
Schedule Your Flu and COVID Test Today!
Our Minneapolis, Burnsville, and Woodbury locations offer convenient drive-up testing for flu and COVID-19. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, and all major insurance plans or you can pay via cash, credit/debit card, or FSA/HSA card. Click the appropriate button below to schedule your test.
NEW PATIENTS, CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE
EXISTING PATIENTS, CLICK HERE TO LOG IN AND SCHEDULE
How it Works
- Click either the Schedule Now or Log In button above.
- If you're a first-time patient, you'll be prompted to create a new account. You'll receive an email with a link to create a password and complete the registration, then you'll be prompted to log into your account and select a testing option (Step 3).
- After you've logged into your account, select whether you're using insurance or paying yourself. If you have insurance, you'll be prompted to enter that information. If you're paying yourself, you'll be prompted to enter your payment info.
- Select the desired test. You can choose from the combination flu/COVID test or a COVID-only test. (If you're exhibiting symptoms, the combination test is strongly recommended.)
- You're now prompted to select an appointment date, time, and location.
- At the scheduled time and date, drive to the clinic you selected, park in the designated area, and follow the posted instructions to begin your test. One of our testing specialists will come to your car to administer the test.
Appointments are typically available the same day or the next day.
Most results are available in your portal account by midnight on the day you test.
How COVID and Flu Testing Works
Both influenza and COVID-19 viruses gather in an infected person’s nose and throat. In order to collect a sample of the virus for testing, a special swab, like a long Q-tip, is inserted into a person’s nasal cavity. The swabbing takes only a few seconds and causes only minor discomfort. The sample swab is then sent to the Valley Medical Laboratory in Burnsville, MN to be analyzed by our team of highly skilled technicians. Our Nasopharyngeal RT-PCR Swab Test detects if someone is currently infected with the influenza or COVID-19 viruses, including the Delta, Beta, Gamma, Iota, and Omicron COVID variants.
What Sets COVID and Flu Testing at Valley Medical Apart From the Rest?
At Valley Medical Laboratories, our team of highly skilled PCR technicians deliver certified, accurate test results. We are authorized to operate and provide this test using the guidance and testing protocols approved by EUA from the FDA.
Because we do not rely on outside labs and are able to keep our testing in-house, we are able to provide easy access to testing for ALL—anyone wanting a test can obtain a test, regardless of work status, age, or pre-existing conditions. We can test patients of all ages.
Fast and Accurate Results with PCR COVID/Flu Testing
Our nasopharyngeal RT-PCR swab test detects if you're currently infected with the COVID-19 or influenza virus. We test for all current COVID variants, including Delta, Beta, Gamma, Iota, and Omicron. PCR molecular testing is highly accurate and provides same-day results.
COVID and Flu Testing Near You
Valley Medical offers drive-up RT-PCR testing at our clinics in Minneapolis, Burnsville, and Woodbury. Appointments are currently available Monday through Thursday, 7:30AM to 4:30PM, and at our Minneapolis and Burnsville locations Friday from 7:30AM to 2:00PM.
If you have questions or concerns, please call (612) 286-8366 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For faster response, you may also securely text us at (612)-453-1965.