Do you suffer from anxiety, depression, or stress resulting from chronic pain or addiction? Valley Medical and Wellness offers mental health counseling to support our patients in their struggles against chronic pain and addiction.
Our mental health counseling is designed to supplement our patients’ standard pain management and addiction treatments and help them get their lives back on track. Ask your Valley Medical provider if you can benefit from mental health counseling—we're accepting new patients today.
How Can You Benefit from Mental Health Counseling?
Many patients suffering from addiction and chronic pain can benefit from mental health counseling. Sometimes just talking to a counselor can help you deal with issues related to or contributing to your other recognized problems.
If you’re an addiction patient, mental health counseling can help you:
- Feel better about yourself
- Improve how you function in daily life
- Help relieve stress that can trigger addiction
- Learn coping skills for dealing with addictions and cravings
- Learn new ways to communicate with others to reduce the risk of relapse
If you’re suffering from chronic pain, mental health counseling can help you:
- Learn coping skills to better deal with chronic pain
- Deal with underlying stress that can make pain feel worse
- Better cope with anxiety, including panic attacks, associated with or caused by chronic pain
- Give you more control over your pain
- Help process feelings of loss you might experience as a result of long-term pain
What Mental Health Issues Do We Treat?
Our skilled counselors at Valley Medical help our patients deal with a variety of mental health issues related to chronic pain and addiction, including:
- Addictive behavior
- Post-traumatic stress
- Relationship problems
- Work stress
What is Mental Health Counseling at Valley Medical Like?
Your first mental health counseling appointment is an introductory visit where you and your counselor get to know each other and learn about your spedific situation. The counselor will assess what’s going on in your life and help identify your most important issues, determine what you want to work on, and set goals for your therapy.
Ongoing visits establish how to achieve the goals you’ve set and help you work on achieving those goals. Your personal treatment plan is based on your individual needs, issues, personality, and style.
Mental health counseling can be done in person in our clinic or in your own home via telemedicine. All visits are 50 minutes long and covered by most major insurance plans.